Thursday, October 27, 2005

Random Thoughts...

To Golf or Not to Golf

The weekend is coming and I'm having some funny feelings about playing. What if I score above 100? Maybe I should just go to the range and work on my irons. Maybe San Jac (a non-regulation 9-hole course where I shot 99 and 97 recently); I might be able to break 90 at San Jac. How about Battleground. Yeah, there would be no shame in shooting over 100 at Battleground. What to do, what to do...

I know there will be ups and downs, but I'm still excited about breaking 100 and I don't wan't the dissapointment of shooting another 100+ round, especially at Bayou. Then again, who's to say that I wouldn't go down there and do it again? I don't know. What to do, what to do...

I Golf Alone

I was thinking today about why I'm blogging about golf. I suppose the main reason is that I've read a few golf blogs and I've really enjoyed them - still do too. But in the end, I think it's because I golf alone. I've only been playing since June and have not established any weekly round or regular partner. I mean I have a few buddies that I golf with on occasion, but none on a regular basis. And so, I golf alone. I grab my gear and head out to the course hoping I get paired up with some good people. With no one to play with, I have no one to share my ups and downs with. And so, putting pen to paper so to speak helps me to release my golf thoughts so I can focus on other things.

God Bless the Space Program

I work in the Manned Spaceflight Program here in Houston (Houston, we have a problem) and the average person has no idea the benefits that we reap because of the technology sharing program. One of the coolest things for checking out golf courses is maps.google.com. Check it out if you haven't already. If your area is supported with high resolution satellite images, with a little effort, you could have a great yardage book for that new course you've been playing. I've found courses that I never knew existed. I've studied the courses that I play, making notes and measuring yardage. Fun stuff - give it a try.

Decisionless

I was hoping I would "talk" myself into a decision about what to do this weekend. I know one thing, I'll be playing golf. I just need to decide which course.

What to do, what to do...
-Greg (clmax)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home