Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Easy Come, Easy Go...

-Flashback- The Hot Streak Continues...

I played in a three-man nine-hole skins game last night and my five bogeys and four pars were good enough to win eight holes for 16 skins. My confidence was high going into tomorrows round...

-Currently- I Suck...

I played Pasadena this morning and shot 103 (51/52). What's sad is that I only lost one ball. What's sadder is my course handicap there is 89. I don't think I hit more than a half dozen solid shots. Everything was complete garbage. Somehow I managed to win 4 holes so I only lost 10 skins. Good thing it was just Martin and I. If it were a four man game, it would have had more impact on my golf gambling stats.

I tried to remain positive. Every crap shot I hit, I said to myself, "I have an opportunity to recover, now execute". Too bad I had to say that about 75 times. As I've said before, you have to take the good with the bad. Time to put this one behind me and move on.

-Greg

3 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Highs and lows, the fate of golfers. I saw Luke Donald shoot 5 and 7 over at Pebble Beach and miss the cut. The week after I broke 90 for the first time (87), I shot 107. We'll all be back with a vengeance :-)
-Alexis

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great golf blog.
If you get a chance, take a look at mine:

www.talesfrothelinks.blogspot.com

It would be great if we could swap links - drop me an e-mail
gbonn@hotmail.co.uk

Regards
GBonn Jnr

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is golf, isnt it ? what a coincidence, after I played my lifetime best 87, i have not played below 98 for a few months. But, the last time I took a couple of months break, guess what...i play in the 90s again for a few rounds before "reality" sinks in...

Well, happy golfing...

Des
www.learngolfwithme.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home