Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's Raining, Again...

It's raining today but I'm all smiles. I managed to play Beacon Lakes in between storms last night. I played from the tips again (72.8/126) and carded another 86 (44/42). I lost three balls on the front nine and played the same ball on the more trecherous back nine. Here's some stats:


Fairways hit... 6
GIRs........... 4
Birdies........ 2
Pars........... 5
Putts......... 28 (one 3-putt)
Bogeys......... 6
Doubles........ 5
Triples........ 0
Balls lost .... 3 (3 water)


Both birdies were 20 feet or so and while I chunked a few chips, the majority of the chips left makable putts. The end result is that my handicap is at a new all time low of 15.39!!

So here's some advice to any golfers out there who's handicap has flatlined:

Play the next set of tees. If you don't have the length to play the next set back, play the next set foreward. Do something to provide a new challenge.

Sa-weet!!
-Greg

6 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice stats, Greg!

Glad to see you're charging full steam ahead playing from the tips.

It's great that your handicap keeps dropping. I'm impressed with the improvements you keep making after only two years playing.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Thanks DE!

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You give hope to a newbie golfer - I can improve, I know I can. . .

http://golf-carts-for-sale.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Brez said...

Just finished reading your etire blog back-to-front and all I can say is that it has inspired me!

Where have you gone? Any more improvement over the past month and a half?

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Mike Pedersen said...

That's why I moved to SUNNY Arizona. To get out of the Oregon RAIN!! Love it here!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Cindy - Yes, you can improve! I'll be in the market for one of those golf carts soon, maybe Christmas.

2dollarjack - Wow, the entire thing? That's got to be a first; er your the first to admit it! Thanks!!

Golftrainer - Yeah I tell ya, it seems like the Northeast with all the rain we've been having. Hey look, it's raining out right now... Good thing I got in a round Monday night!!

Thanks for reading,
-Greg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home