Friday, October 12, 2007

Better GIRs = More Birdies...

I recently completed my fourteenth one-month membership at Green Caye. Here are the results (click to enlarge):


Here are the long-term per-loop statistics (click to enlarge):



While fourteen loops per month is just under the running average of sixteen, I made some slight improvement in GIRs and Birdies which I suppose is expected at this stage in my golf development. I’m starting to get a little more of a birdie-hunting attitude when I play on the par-three course.

The big disappointment is a somewhat dramatic increase in three-putts. We just added “snakes” to our skins game in an effort to reduce the number of three-putts. Unfortunately, at least for the moment, it seems to be having the opposite affect. Our last skins game had three players and we three-putted ten times over eighteen holes. I managed two of those three-putts and they were both in the second loop where I began to worry about it since the “snake bite” was getting to the point where it would sting a bit. It got to the point where if my tee shot was a bit off line or short, I would actually hope to miss the green so I wouldn’t have to worry about a long lag putt.

My biggest problem continues to be looking up. I seem to fall into these slumps where not matter how hard I try, I yank my head up before I hit the ball. This problem has been killing me in regulation play. It’s compounded by my wanting to hit driver (recently reshafted) and leaving myself 90 – 110 yard shots into the green. I can’t decide if I should hit a light gap wedge or a hard sand wedge. This has been a departure from my game plan of trying to leave a specific distance for the approach shot and it makes two things quickly apparent:

1. I need to work more with my wedges
2. Game plans work

I played two new courses, Longwood GC north of Houston, and Mallard Cove in Lake Charles, La. Both very nice courses, shot over 100 on both. I need to nail some low scores or my handicap will jump up accordingly.

I’m working on the low trajectory high-spin shot that should hop and stop. This is a neat shot and you feel great when you can execute it. I’m having difficulty controlling distance though and this shot needs to find the green.

I just signed up for my fifteenth month at Green Caye because there is construction going on near Beacon Lakes and they are only playing the front nine (I prefer the more difficult back nine). Also, one of my non-golfing friends has taken up golfing. He seems to be a natural putter so once he finds his swing I expect him to improve rapidly.

The weather is getting more tolerable and I’m looking forward to returning to standard time because there are fewer golfers out there playing under the lights.

Enjoying the cooler temps,
-Greg

5 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Mulligan+ said...

Dear Golf Website

Ever wanted excellent images for your website, but without the costs involved?

At Mulligan+ we have started to create a unique selection of imagery, mainly from the Dunhill Links Championship last weekend. All these images are available Free of Charge to golf related websites like yours.

To view the selection of images available, please click here.

How does it work?

Every website is currently looking for links to their site and we thought that imagery is the fastest way for you to improve your site. High quality imagery can help improve the appearance and appeal of your website, faster and quicker than any other means.

Simply let us know the image or images that you would like to use and we will e-mail it to you. Then hyperlink either the image or the caption to Mulligan+ The Online Golf Club. All images have been produced by us and therefore we have full copyright of the images. This means that they can all be used for editorial use within your site.

Certain images can also be used for advertising purposes but please contact us if you wish to use images from advertising.

Free Listing on Mulligan+ Golf Directory – Click here

About Us

Mulligan+ is a new golf site that combines a unique golf course directory and a social network site for golfers throughout the UK. Combining member profiles, online leagues, handicap calculations and finding golf partners, it’s a unique golfing mix and the perfect 19th Hole for every golfer. It’s currently free so why not take a look. Sign Up

We also have some exciting developments taking place at present to increase the social network facilities to make Mulligan+ The No 1 Golf Site.

This is a unique opportunity for you to use fantastic imagery of some of the best players and general images on your site for Free.

If you have any questions please get in touch.

Kind regards,

Reagan
info@mulliganplus.com

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger www.algarvegolftravel.com said...

Learn Web Design and if you want some really good weather to play golf in i mean really good algarve golf breaks check this place out

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger www.algarvegolftravel.com said...

Algarve Golf packages golfing holidays in the algarve

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger www.algarvegolftravel.com said...

algarve golf

you would be better off playing in the algarve golf courses

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger www.algarvegolftravel.com said...

great idea i will look through my disk for some pictures
faro airport transfers and algarve golf bookings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home